Goodwood Festival of Speed: Preview
June 15, 2011 § Leave a comment
We all know the Goodwood Festival of Speed‘s about the world’s finest supercars and classics, motorsport legends (human and metal) and luxury vehicles – but it’s also a showcase for new and next-generation technology, interesting concepts and forthcoming consumer-oriented developments. Final listings of the cars on show haven’t yet been released, but it looks as if there’ll be plenty to see in the FOS-Tech pavillion, as well as in the Moving Motor Show, manufacturer displays and of course, going up the hill. Here’s a brief rundown of what’s been announced so far:
- Honda CR-Z Mugen (see below): the supercharged hot hybrid.
- Citroen Survolt, the all-electric GT racer-style concept first seen last year.
- Peugeot EX-1, the all-electric, streamlined speed record-breaker.
- Chevrolet Miray, a cute hybrid open speedster concept with mid-mounted engine, first seen at the Seoul Motor Show earlier this year.
- Infiniti Etherea, a hybrid small family-sized posh-hatch concept first seen at the Geneva Motor Show.
- Seat IBE, the all-electric coupe concept.
- Rolls-Royce Phantom 102EX, the experimental electric monster.
- Renault Captur, a 99g/km diesel sports coupe/crossover concept.
- The Gordon Murray super-efficient T.25 and all-electric T.27 city cars.
- GM’s EN-V city transportation concept(s) as seen at the Shanghai World Expo.
- Jaguar C-X75 (pictured), to go into production as a petrol-electric hybrid.