November 4, 2010 § Leave a comment
- Panasonic is investing $30million in Tesla, having bought around 2% of the stock in Tesla’s initial public offering. More at Green Car Advisor.
- Audi is thinking imaginatively about synthesized sounds for its e-tron EV. It’s taking inspiration from the film I, Robot, apparently (Green Car Advisor).
- A new proposal for range-extenders: a low-drag ‘self-propelled’ generator trailer. Conceived by specialists in camping/hunting expedition equipment, it’s called – what else? – the Long Ranger. Full story, pics and spec sheet at Edmunds Green Car Advisor.
- GM and Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation (SAIC) have signed a MOU to develop two new-generation powertrains for Asia and emerging markets, and to co-develop alt-fuel vehicles including EVs. The work will be based at the Pan Asia Technical Center, Shanghai. Production is also starting in China of the Chevrolet New Sail EV.
- Story at Wired with some nice archive pics (love the Detroit Electric): 11 Trailblazing Electric Vehicles.