Start the week
March 1, 2010 § Leave a comment
– Audi is expected to unveil an ‘e-tron’ plug-in hybrid version of its A1 supermini (pictured) at the opening day of the Geneva Motor Show tomorrow.
– Ferrari is to unveil a 599 Hybrid featuring the F1-developed KERS (Kinetic Energy Recovery System) tech; no pictures we can show you yet, however.
– Avis is to add Renault electric cars to its rental fleets in Europe next year. The electric Fluence saloon and a version of the Kangoo compact MPV are the most likely contenders, though no details have been confirmed as yet; the Twizy scooter-cum-city-car and Zoe minicar could follow onto the fleets.
– Over half of all new cars sold in Europe now emit 140g/km of carbon dioxide or less, according to figures from JATO. Cars emitting 101-120g/km now account for 25.6% of the European car market, an increase of 8.9% on last year’s stats.
– Jaguar Land Rover has developed a micro gas turbine to recharge a hybrid’s batteries whilst on the move. It’s calling the technology an Ultra Lightweight Range Extender (ULRE); more details from Autocar.